CIMQUSEF16 will cover four main topics:
- The implementation of open science: to present the current state of play and the challenges encountered in the implementation of open science in global south countries, with a focus on peer review and Registered Reports.
- Ethics and scientific integrity: High quality research and scientific integrity are the crucial components required to ensure performance in R&D and innovation. The guarantee for integrity in research depends on the effectiveness of combating academic fraud:
- to present reflections on integrity training, development and monitoring the implementation of the Code of Conduct.
- to formulate proposals and recommendations to eradicate the phenomenon of predatory publishing.
- North-South and South-South Scientific Cooperation: The benefits of open science allow researchers in the global south to be kept updated with recent trends in scientific research and state-of-art technologies. However, there are still obstacles to the acquisition of advanced technologies for achieving beneficial socioeconomic impacts.
- to present proposals to promote North-South cooperation for technology transfer to strengthen scientific capacity in developing countries.
- To propose solutions for developing South-South cooperation by focusing on development issues and the challenges that prevent the economic emergence of Southern countries.
- The impact of research on development: Formulate proposals on the policies to be implemented to involve more companies in scientific research, while emphasizing the essential role of this one in any model of development, innovative and efficient.